Bangladesh-India Friendship Power Company (Pvt.) Limited (BIFPCL) is a private company limited by shares duly incorporated in Bangladesh under the Companies Act 1994 and was registered with the Office of the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies and Firms (RJSC), Dhaka, Bangladesh on 31 October 2012 vide the Certificate of Incorporation with Registration No. C-105370/12.
GENESIS OF COMPANY:
During the visit of Honorable Prime Minister of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh to India a Memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed on January 11, 2010 in New Delhi to enhance the traditional ties of friendship between the two countries through the development of co-operation for mutual benefit.
- MoU envisaged, Co-operation in Power Sector, Exchange of Cross Border Power, Grid Connectivity, Energy efficiency and Power Generation.
- BPDB and NTPC signed MoU on 30th August 2010, to setup a 1320 (2×660) MW imported coal based power plant in Khulna division on 50-50% Joint Venture.
- Bangladesh-India Friendship Power Company Private Limited thus came in to being on 31st October, 2012 with Main Objective to Construct, Own, Operate and Maintain Thermal Power Project in Bangladesh.
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE COMPANY (BIFPCL)
The main objectives for which the Company has been established are –
- To design, engineer, manufacture, insure finance, acquire, construct, complete, permit, test, commission, own, operate and maintain thermal power projects;
- To undertake, wherever necessary the construction of transmission lines and ancillary works for timely and coordinated exchange of electric power; and
- To carry on the business of purchasing, selling, importing, exporting, producing, trading, manufacturing or otherwise dealing in all aspects of electric power; and
- To set-up, operate and manage all necessary plants, establishments and works in other allied industries.
BIFPCL is a joint venture company and incorporated pursuant to the Joint Venture Agreement executed on 29 January 2012 between Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB) and NTPC Limited (NTPC) with equal equity participation of BPDB and NTPC. The Company has been promoted by, and with equal (50:50) equity participation of Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB) and NTPC Limited of India.
2 X 660 MW MAITREE STPP
- BIFPCL is presently executing the 2×660 MW Supercritical coal based power project at Rampal called the 2×660 MW Maitree Super Thermal Power Project .
- It’s ‘FAST TRACK’ Project of Bangladesh Government with 100% Power to Bangladesh.